- Grant Access
- Track Account
- Gift Paid Account
I never said they feed my heart
But still they pass my time
I'm Lorna.* You probably know that. Um. I'm a bird-feeder and library assistant. Will juggle for free beer, although after a while said beer makes my juggling a lot worse. I'm 26. I'm subject to mood swings.
I have a Dorothy Parker quotation for every occasion!
Well, most occasions.
Okay, some occasions.
My contact details are here.
When I remember, my posts get tagged as moving pictures; ranting and raving; power and privilege; multiculture; cats; edumacation; hairylegged manhating etc; oh look at the state of that; bloody politicians; geeking happily; got gay?; bookworm; windowsill of spikey death; body modification; songs that saved your life; gratuitous nastiness; food is good; world reading project; heathen; and real life.
If you're thinking that we might get along as long as I don't make you think about the icky gay thing too much, read this first.
Since I am indeed a feminist, I think it's time to see how I do against The Pat Robertson Demon Feminist ChecklistTM! Wooooooo!
1. Socialist? Yep.
2. Anti-family? Um... by his definition, probably. Anti-two-heterosexual-married-people-of-opposite-genders-are-necessary-for-a-family.
3. Political? As Skunk Anansie say: yes it's fucking political. Everything's political.
4. Left your husband? N/A; see #8.
5. Killed your children? I don't have any children and I've never been pregnant, and intend to keep it that way. I'm one of those anti-guilt, dead-baby-joke-cracking, childfree ladies who <whiny voice>give the pro-choice movement a bad name</whiny voice>. Since I think he's talking about abortion anyway, I'll give myself half marks for this one.
6. Destroyed capitalism? I'm working on it. It's just that capitalism's kind of big. So say half marks, again.
7. Practised witchcraft? Yep.
8. Become a lesbian? Hell yeah!
6 out of a possible 8. Lorna has done well, but could do better if she applied herself.
Very important information.
"If there's lots of pressure, like from Amnesty International, we might pass the political prisoners on to a judge. But if there's no pressure, then they're dead." - Former torturer, El Salvador. Amnesty International works.
I keep having to remove National Front stickers in Wolverhampton and graffiti over swastikas in Birmingham. It's pissing me off and I want to do more to counter neo-Nazi organisations. Those bastards make me ashamed to have pale skin.
http://irrepresible.info. An Amnesty International campaign against internet censorship by repressive regimes. I can't get the bloody graphic to display, for some reason. Oh, the irony.
While you're there, do also check out the breast cancer site, the child health site, the literacy site, the rainforest site, and the animal rescue site.
Same principle as the Hunger Site.
Compulsory ear tags, from a government I no longer trust about anything, for which we have to pay? Shit like that could turn me into a libertarian. Well, almost.
Tracks from bellydancing records, 1950s-1980s. Completely fabulous for when you're sick of shaking your ass to Shakira.
* Although I also answer to Comrade Wilhelmina Of The Teapots And Rainbows. We like the Official Monster Raving Loony Party, yes we do.
barakta, gavagai, glaurung_quena, haggis, innerbrat, ludy, matgb, meatina, missdeathmetal, missdeathmetal.livejournal.com, morgan_dhu, shehasathree, skibbley, teylaminh, tree
barakta, gavagai, glaurung_quena, haggis, http://www.nickbarlow.com/blog/, innerbrat, ludy, matgb, meatina, missdeathmetal, missdeathmetal.livejournal.com, morgan_dhu, shehasathree, skibbley, teylaminh, tree
actyourwage, disabling_queer, dw_maintenance, dw_news, fucking_docs, fucking_meds, lj_refugees, tri_me